Tuesday 6 November 2012

On Savage Orcs...

I know I haven't actually posted up an army list for the redskins yet, it hasn't really firmed up in my head. However, I am a big fan of the new savage orc kits from GW, so much so, that I'm using them as the base for converting samurai orcs.

In game terms, the initial assessment is that the samurai orcs would either continue to be savage orcs or I'd run them as black orcs. In any case, I still like running savage orcs, the entire idea of them just speaks of fun to me, crazy naked savages that use anything that comes to hand to fight, including their own crap (probably...).

What anyone who runs orcs and goblins, or who has played against them enough, knows is that they suffer from animosity. Most people then field a whole lot of Black orc Bosses to get around this rule.

Myself, I haven't decided what to do. What I had decided in my own head was that, even if the samurai orcs were being used as black orcs, I'd field a unit of savage orcs. For a number of reasons:

  1. They're cool. Cool models, Cool fluff, Cool rules.
  2. I've got a Wurzzag model on foot. He is so awesome, full of so much character in the sculpt that I gotta run him. Plus he gets cool rules, which fits into reason 1. 
  3. I've got a lot of appropriate models.
Wurrzag, Da Great Green Prophet.
GW sells him in Finecast resin now, for a stupid price. I've got a metal model for a reasonable price.

I feel like I should make a note early in this blog that whilst I enjoy the hobby and the fluff that goes with it, I'm in no way so enamored of GW that I'll willing hand my cash fist over fist for their products. A lot of my models were and are sourced from independent stockists as well as a number of webstores.  




No comments:

Post a Comment