Tuesday 6 November 2012

Face masks

For those not in the know, I'm currently in the middle of my second last semester of law exams.

Law school, is tough. Tough to get in. Tough to get through. Tough to get out. Just tough all over.

For those of you who are considering it, I ask you this simple question:

Do you enjoy putting yourself into a situation that entails constant self punishment?

If you answer in the affirmative, then maybe, just maybe, law school is for you.

Anyway, I digress, back on topic, I have found that exam time and the stress that goes with it, directly correlates to an increase in motivation when it concerns the hobby.

Thus while I should in fact be studying, for my last exam for the semester, I'm actually trying to figure out how to sculpt samurai face masks for the Redskins.

The ubiquitous face mask with helm

The end goal is to have a number of orc heads in samurai helms/masks. I haven't decided on a number yet, I'm still at the conception stage. The plan is that at least one head will be a helm/mask combo. Alternatively I could just sculpt the masks and have them cast as an accessory that GW puts on a lot of the new sprues. An optional extra if you will, something that will easily fit over the orc head. 

I've yet to start making prototypes, that involves actually grabbing the putty and having a go, but I have been busy drawing sketches, which I'll upload at a later time. For now, I'll leave it at this.


No comments:

Post a Comment