Sunday 4 November 2012

Annnnnnnd.....Ninjas!

Because that's what every Asian themed army needs...

My Redskins are no different.

So...what nearly every orc and goblin player has in abundance is waaaaay too many night goblins.

This bad boys came in the previous edition starter kit, and really, no one really needs that many night goblins. They're the shitkickers of the goblin race. Sure they get fanatics, but they're done. The look, the aesthetic. I didn't know what to do with the hordes of them I had lying around. Honestly, they've got to be one of the easiest and cheapest ($$$) hordes to get from GW.

So I was actually planning on throwing these bastards out, or putting them into a bits bin.

Instead I came across a conversion, that I've since applied to my horde of night goblins.

Couldn't find the picture of the conversion. So here are my own results.



Essentially, its a quick lop of the top and file the cut down. With a mask of putty. The pics probably aren't that clear but hopefully it'll come out when they're painted. Taking the hoods off is the quick part, the putty masks are easy enough but kind of draining. I've got ten down already, I think I'll do this to a maximum of 70 models.

As for the rest of the model, I'm not sure about shaving the emblem off the shield in favor of something more eastern or just leaving it. Same goes for the spears... I'll think about it...


No comments:

Post a Comment